Saturday 12 November 2016

November 6, 2016

210/1795) Rainhard Brewing Company:  Hearts Collide Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout:  **1/2;  11%, 90 ibu;  the nose is bitter cherries, alcohol, dark coffee;  notes of vanilla and bourbon but it's not so sweet as these can often be;  alcohol and vanilla finish;

It turns out that the first Saturday of November is Learn To Brew Day and Rainhard was hosting this opportunity to meet home brewers and ask questions of them.  This is very well timed for me.  I learned that it is not a bad thing that the contents of my growler were very murky and neither is it bad that the bowl of sanitized water at the end of my blow-off tube was pretty cloudy as well.  It simply means that my yeast is fermenting very vigorously.

Everyone there was using those five gallon pots that I have seen being used to deep fry turkeys.  The big advantage is temperature control is a lot easier than it is using a stove top as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment