Saturday 8 May 2021

April 25, 2021

145/3495) Home:  Vintage Ale (2006) by Fuller's Brewery of England:  *****; 8.5%; brewed with floor malted Optic malt; hopped with Fuggles and Slovenian Super Styrian hops; pours a very dark reddish brown; nose of sherry, caramel; I let this sit for a moment and was rewarded with notes of caramel, toffee, dried fruit, marmalade, sherry, fruitcake - I am thinkin here of my late brother-in-law's outlandishly boozy fruitcake - and raisins; bottle 39,548 of 100,000;

The best before date is the end of 2009.  This was purchased at the beerbistro.  It was their oldest, which means I did one better than the beerbistro.  I have stated that possibly 8 to 13 years is the peak aging time but I gave this 5 of 5 so who knows? This one goes for U$318 or approximately C$397.


No comments:

Post a Comment