Sunday 18 September 2011

September 17, 2011

305)  The Granite Brewery and Restaurant in Toronto:  Hopping Mad by the Granite Brewery of Ontario:  **;  on cask;  moderately strongly hopped;  notes of citrusy lemon;  very smooth;  well balanced;

306)  The Granite:  Traditional India Pale Ale (IPA) by the Granite Brewery:  *1/2;  on cask;  well hopped with sweet maltiness;

307)  The Granite:  Keefe's Irish Stout by the Granite Brewery:  *1/2;  dry and in the Irish style;

308)  The Granite:  Gin Lane Ale by the Granite Brewery:  *1/2;  a barley wine with notes of apple cider;  very much like a wine in appearance and taste;

This was the September Cask Social.  I also returned three growlers for the deposit and went home with two, which will be making their appearances in short order.  I didn't think to ask if they would give me $4.00 for that growler from Duggan's Brewery that I was stuck with when they closed for good.  It might be a collector's item some day, which experience teaches to translate as trading strictly on the bigger fool principal. 

Forgive the repetition but every time I chalk up a number like this I feel compelled to point out any place I go to sells half pints so I am not necessarily misbehaving to the degree one might think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment