Monday 21 November 2011

November 18, 2011

A great day today.  Samuel Adams Utopias became available today at 9AM, phone orders only.  The LCBO brought in seventy bottles last year which were sold off by way of a draw.  This year it was first come first served for a shipment of two hundred bottles.  I watched CP24 until the time read 9:00:00AM and I was off.  After two busy signals and learning that hitting re-dial gave me my brother-in-law's number, my third dial struck paydirt.

I got though at 9:02 and remained on hold, listening to some acutely annoying music repeating every fifteen seconds, for some nineteen minutes but thanks to (Amazing) Grace, I have secured a bottle to be delivered to my local LCBO.

The catch is it won't arrive for four or five weeks.  The worst case scenario puts the arrival date to the Friday before Christmas.  Normally I am very well stocked prior to this date to avoid having to visit during the rush but I will make an exception.  The other catch is that it will set me back $114.95 for a 710ml bottle.  I think the phrase is "more money than brains" and I am not particularly flush.

Watch this space for a full report.

No comments:

Post a Comment