Saturday 3 December 2011

December 2, 2011

I am afraid I let my team-mates down this past evening.  Believe it or don't our Branch Manager set up three teams for "boat races" at the staff Christmas party.  I have never believed that drinking should be a spectator sport so this was my first such experience.  I think my captain thought that what with all my training and experience drinking beer I would perform better but this was not the case. 

For starters it was a slender half pint glass and not the usual pint glass I drink from.  To be kind, the beer was not my brand.  The glass indicated it was Moretti but whatever it was, it tasted of mass production.  I found myself fighting the urge to sniff the contents periodically and make withering, scornful notes which did not make for speed.  It serves them right for making me drink this sort of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment