Saturday 31 December 2016

December 2, 2016

225/1810) C'est What:  Shinnicked Stout by Muskoka Brewery of Ontario:  *1/2;  5.2%, 19 ibu;   brewed in collaboration with Muskoka Roastery using their Lumberjack Coffee;  mocha nose, grainy roasty flavours;

The rating may be a bit unfair (and I did want to like this one more) but the sad fact is this was up against some uncommonly tough competition.  I was here for the St-Ambroise Stout Impériale Russe which comes to Ontario once a year, if that, and is yet another reason to treasure the winter.

Shinnicked is "that numbing, gasp-for-breath feeling you get when you plunge into a Muskoka lake for a chilly late night dip in the fall or walk outside on a -20 winter day".  I imagine with all the skating I do I spend a good deal of time in a "shinnicked" state but there is nothing like diving under the covers in such a state at the end of the day.

I will give this another go under less unfavourable conditions.

226/1822) C'est What:  Shakedown APA by Big Rig of Ontario:  **;  75 ibu, 5.6%;  piney nose;  earthy, piney flavours;  astringent after taste;


No comments:

Post a Comment