Tuesday 5 September 2017

September 5, 2017

To those who have been calling it a craft beer bubble it is worth noting that tickets for Bellwoods' Witchstock sold out in minutes.

I don't entirely get it.  Sure there is a shuttle from the subway, which is a very nice touch, and, yes, there will be one-offs and rarities from some seventeen breweries but it costs $45.00 plus taxes plus "service" fees to be admitted.  The sticker and custom glass would not, for me, take the sting away nor would the tokens good for four five ounce pours.

Further tokens are available at $3.00 each which works out to $12.00 a pint.

I can walk into C'est What, for example, any day of the week without being charged admission to find some thirty or more beers to choose from.  If hipsters wish to be fleeced I suppose someone feels the obligation to do it but I don't picture myself attending anything as costly as this.  I really don't mind what I get for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment