Monday 22 November 2021

September 22, 2021

268/3618) The 3 Brewers, Yonge Street:  Patersbier by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  ***1/2; 4.9%, 36 ibu; pours hazy and golden; honeyed nose; tastes of honey, mild citrus, grains and yeast; in the Belgian style; 

"Lab Line" has replaced my old favourite the Brown, at least at this location. It was an adventure - the lights were out on 3rd floor, which is where the loos are.  Thank Heavens for phones that light up.

I made one mistake while I was here.  The IPA was awful.  Maybe it was very old but I could not finish it.  The nicest part of my visit was that in spite of that face that it had been exactly one year since my last appearance the barmaid said she remembered my smile.

269/3619) beerbistro:  Young Rival by Merit Brewing of Ontario:  ***1/2; 6% IPA; hopped with El Dorado, Mosaic and Amarillo; no bitterness, just fruity with a citrus nose and flavours;

It is so very nice to be able to go out and drink draught beer and to renew acquaintances..

No comments:

Post a Comment