Saturday 1 January 2022

December 28, 2021

363/3713) Home:  Coconut Death Dealer by Third Moon Brewing of Ontario:  ***1/2; a 7% Porter with raw and toasted coconut;  nose is dark roasted, nearly burnt toast (which is sort of the way I like it); flavours are mostly roasty malt, with hints of coconut, especially towards the finish;


364/3714) Home:  Vintage Ale 2021 by Fuller's Brewery of England:  ****; 8.5%, 40 ibu; 25th edition bottle #144941; the best before date has been extended to ten years; added invert sugar; optimistically, I bought a second bottle to age; this has me wondering, have I become so jaded? - it tastes "young" to me; for example, I am not used to noticing the hops in this series, particularly towards the finish;  the nose is malty with the reliable marmalade aromas;  mildly astringent hops somewhat overshadow, perhaps only to my mind, the traditional maltiness and marmalade flavours; I will get back to this one in 8 to 10 years, should I live so long;


New for 2021 - no more leaflets inside the box.



No comments:

Post a Comment