Sunday 5 May 2013

January 5, 2013

Last night when I got on the bus to Union Station the fellow I sat beside opened with, "How did you like the beer?".  It turns out he was next in line after me at the Crossroads LCBO waiting in the cold to buy Westvleteren 12.  You never know who you are going to sit next to on a bus.

I was on my way to the Rex to see the Jive Bombers. They are a terrific ensemble, incredibly talented and all sorts of fun.  Where else will you hear the Sanford and Son theme these days? 

One of many things I like about the Rex is how very many servers they have working, both behind the bar and on the floor.  If you are in need of a glass you will be looked after very promptly.

A couple of links for Toronto jazz fans:  www.thepilot.ca and www.therex.ca.  I learned of this just recently from the Pilot's website and I have a feeling it will become indispensable:  http://www.comingupstraightahead.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment