Sunday 5 May 2013

January 1, 2013

It's a new year and I have dug myself into another hole.  I have my pen and ink notes so it's a mere matter of catching up but the fact is, it is hard for me to get near the computer these days when I do have the time for such frivolities.

Too, I wonder if achieving my 365 in 365 goal has left me without a focus.  I am open to suggestions for a similar stunt.

Looking back on 2012 the highlights seem stacked towards the close of the year what with the Westvleteren 12 quest and New Years Eve at the Volo.

A favourite spot, the Burger Bar and Tequila Tavern has been sold and to date no one is sure what will emerge.  That was always a great place to visit.  The story I heard is that when Brock bought the Rice Bar he envisioned himself being kept busy as a mixologist but instead the craft beer crowd made it their own and he has decided to focus on brewing beer, after starting out by experimenting in the corner of the kitchen.  See http://www.kensingtonbrewingcompany.com/.  One can only wish the very best for such a fine fellow as Brock.

I am already missing the Oh My Goodness This Might Just Kill Me burger.  Never mind, I get to keep the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment