Wednesday 19 October 2022

September 22, 2022

145/3862) The 3 Brewers, Yonge Street:  Cicogne by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  ***; 5.5% Italian style pilsner; clear, pale straw; sweet grainy nose; candied grain, fruity, light hop presence;

I took a chance, and this time out the IPA was not nearly so bad as last time which suggests it was a matter of freshness.  I am not quite ready to give up on The 3 Brewers.  I am waiting for this year's Winter Warmer/Festive Ale.  

146/3863) beerbistro:  Henry's Irish Ale by Publican House of Ontario:  ***1/2; 5.6% Brown Ale; chestnut colour; nose is sweet and malty; malty, very Irish, hint of peat;

I did not recognise anyone at the beerbistro today, not even the regulars.  I understand Lesli has moved on but being bar manager was a temporary gig for her, she has another career to tend to.  I hope to be back soon and among familiar faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment