Sunday 9 December 2018

November 15, 2018

324/2545) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  Random Sexual Innuendo by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  *1/2; cask; 5%, 20 ibu; described as a New England style IPA;  it is The Carrot with carrot juice, orange peel, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and lactose; spiced nose much like pumpkin pie; a wild blend of citrus and fresh spices;

325/2546) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  Paths of the Dead by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  **; 6.5%, 27 ibu; "a lighter take" on the Baltic Porter style, lagered for smoothness; the malt is dehusked to accentuate the cocoa notes and minimize the burnt character;  strong roasted coffee nose, forward coffee flavours, faintly sweet;  I am missing the burnt notes Justin was trying to avoid, not to mention the chocolate notes common to the style but to review the beer he made I do enjoy it; 

I have long wished for Justin to try his hand at a porter and I am delighted to finally have my wish come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment