Sunday 9 December 2018

November 17, 2108

326/2547) Amsterdam Brewhouse:  2018 Double Tempest Imperial Stout by Amsterdam Brewery of Ontario:  **1/2; 11.9%, 75 ibu; aged in Woodford Reserve Barrels for 7 months; sweet oak and vanilla against a roasty backdrop; 

Today is Double Tempest Day.  I picked up a couple of bottles at the bottle shop and then stepped inside to enjoy the music and four once pours of Double Tempest.

327/2548) Amsterdam Brewhouse:  Brandy Double Tempest by Amsterdam Brewery of Ontario:  **1/2; 11.2%, 75 ibu; aged 6 months in brandy barrels then conditioned on whole sour cherries and vanilla beans; dark coffee notes and cherries throughout, vanilla towards finish;

There were food stations and the music was very good but I had committed myself to catching up with my eldest son so I couldn't stay as long as I might have wished.

328/2549) Thirsty and Miserable:  Smalls Hazy IPA by Left Field Brewery of Ontario:  **; 4.5%, 30 ibu; this was in a tin; an easy going New England IPA; pours hazy with a mildly tropical nose with citrus notes; mild pine and citrus flavours with tropical notes;

No comments:

Post a Comment