Wednesday 12 December 2018

November 29, 2018

337/2558) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  We Should Mate by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  *1/2; 4.6%, 35 ibu; cask; billed as a Sour Harvest Ale, dry hopped with Loral and Citra hops and soured with lactic acid; nose of citrusy hops; I am tasting mostly the musty hops and lactic acid at first but a certain fruitiness emerges towards the finish;

338/2559) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  Festive NEIPA by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  **1/2; 6.6%, 25 ibu; a "blend of traditional and trendy"; instead of the Winter Warmer, which I will miss;  fruity, sweet nose; bubblegum, nutmeg, stone fruit, citrus;  I wasn't sure I would like this one; surprising;

In other news my Advent Calendar arrived today which means it may not have been the very best day to take the bus to work.  I hid it in a spare office overnight.  For this year they have put the touch on twelve breweries from twelve nations and asked for a beer from each and a collaboration with a brewer of their choice from each.  I can hardly wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment