Saturday 7 May 2011

May 3, 2011

168)  Duke of York, Toronto:  Cream Ale by Muskoka Cottage Brewery of Ontario:  *1/2;  nicely balanced;  light, but not "lite";  a good summer beer;

169)  Duke of York:  Happy Hour Ale by Hop City of Ontario:  *1/2;  I liked this more than the Barking Squirrel, mentioned earlier;  I thought I caught faint notes of carbonated chocolate, even a touch of hops;

170)  Caffe Volo, Toronto:  Brown Ale by Mill Street Brewery of Ontario:  **;  a bit maltier and paler than I would have expected from this brewer and that name;  this is more in the English style, a touch leafy with hints of caramel/honey;

I should mention that this is the Duke of York just North of the University of Toronto, where I attended a concert, and not the similarly named, more Eastern establishment;

No comments:

Post a Comment