Tuesday 16 September 2014

April 19, 2014

In the build up to the most significant days of the Christian calendar one can count on any number of insults and mockery of things Christian taking place so it was with hesitation that I pursued the tale of one Chris Schryer who has pledged that during Lent he would fast, save for beer.

To my relief, Chris is a Christian acting from sincerity and not mockery - a renactor, if you will. Amsterdam has provided a hearty Doppelbock of which he consumes 341ml at breakfast and 650ml at lunch along with apple juice, weak tea and water.  And that's it. He is emulating monastic orders of centuries ago in a fascinating first person recreation.

Having read some of his blog entries it is all very intriguing but his mention of headaches and the like may well discourage one from trying the same.

Another concern is that I gather he works at a licensed establishment so there is a certain amount of caution required.

I sincerely wish him well and will be reading http://www.torontobeerblog.com/ and cheering him on.  I only wish I had the nerve, and strength of character, to try something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment