Friday 26 September 2014

July 4, 2014

148/1129) Junction Craft Brewing:  Malloy's Golden Phoenix by Junction Craft Brewing of Ontario:  **;  a 3% , 34 ibu golden ale, on cask;  Golden Promise malt and Phoenix hops;  mildly citrusy nose;  fresh mildly dry hop flavours;

149/1130) Junction Craft Brewing:  Hopfenstopfer by Junction Craft Brewing of Ontario:  **;  5.9%, 52 ibu;  on cask;  a dry hopped pale ale;  piney nose;  strong astringent bitter flavours;  lingering bitterness at the finish

150/1131) Junction Craft Brewing:  Imperial Stout by Shacklands of Ontario:  **1/2;  7.0%, 50 ibu;  very sweet mocha nose - I was reminded of a Coffee Crisp bar;  the sweetness is mainly in the nose;  dry coffee notes;

151/1132) Indie Ale House:  Camp Out S'more Stout, an Indie Ale House collaboration:  5%;  sweet mocha nose;  full rich mocha flavours;  there is a touch of marshmallow to nose;  brewed with marshmallow, graham crackers and chocolate;

The Indie Ale House website credits this as a collaboration with Karate Garage Home Brew but the chalkboard, and various other sources, credit Sawdust City as the collaborator.  

I was at Junction for a Mirella Amato book signing (the book was severely over-priced at this venue compared to what I would have paid anywhere else) but it was a nice affair with cheeses from local shop and I did spend a fair bit of time chatting with Mirella.  I am not accustomed to getting off the subway at Keele and because I was day-dreaming I went past my stop had to turn back.  I felt this acutely when the person in line ahead of me got the last glass of Admiral Tiberius.

The book is called Beerology.  I have since learned that she s a former opera singer so we have even more to talk about should we meet again.

As per usual, I did some shopping at the Indie Ale House.


No comments:

Post a Comment