Wednesday 1 June 2016

May 16, 2016

84/1669) Bar Volo:  Hanlon's Point, a collaboration between Great Lakes Brewing and Bar Hop, both of Ontario:  **;  a 6.5% coconut coffee porter brewed with the assistance of Juan of a Kind Coconuts and Sense Appeal Coffee Roasters;  sweet mocha nose;  sweet coconut and mocha flavours;

I spotted this on menus last year, on-line, but I never arrived anywhere in time to try it.  I have since learned it is significantly better on tap than bottled.


85/1670) Bar Volo:  L’Impératrice by Le Trou Du Diable of Quebec:  **; a 10% bourbon barrel aged imperial stout;  nose is chocolate vanilla and oak;  tastes of vanilla and sweet oak;  midly sparking cidery mouth feel;

Instead of referring to the Volo by how it has appeared on my VISA statements I am going to belatedly call it as it reads on their window.  Since we no longer have forever to do this, I took my sons here today.  I think they were impressed with the place and with how many people wanted to shake my hand, including Roger who asked,  quite loudly, "How does an ugly bastard like you have such handsome sons?".

It was successful enough that we decided to reconvene very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment