Thursday 18 August 2011

August 17, 2011

It was not a happy event that led to my being in London but on my way there and back I had the opportunity to ponder a number of things so this is going to be a bit of a complaints column today. 

Figures from the 2006 census list Brampton as Ontario's 5th largest city and London as number 6 with about 80% of Brampton's population.  Brampton has but one hospital while, if I have my facts right, London has three.  We are far in front in condominium eye-sores, though.

More to the point of this blog, London has Gambrinus while nowhere in Brampton is there any place that in the remotest way supports craft beer.  I don't even see Tankhouse here and in Toronto, for example, even the Labatts bars have Tankhouse.  I don't know if it has been tried or not but my feeling is that my home town wouldn't support a craft beer venture and it hurts to admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment