Thursday 18 August 2011

August 18, 2011

I had pondered the possibility of beer being brewed in Antarctica a number of days ago and while I have not come up with anything concrete I did spot a reference to Gallagher's Pub at McMurdo Station and it makes mention of a surprisingly decent beer selection.  There is also alleged to be home-brewed moonshine available there so it is not a strech to imagine that there might be a home brewer stationed there. 

Home brewers are everywhere:  the White House has a home brewing enthusiast among the kitchen staff.  President Obama served his wares at last year's Super Bowl party.  The article I read mentioned that it was made with honey from the White House apiary.  All of which makes me pretty confident that someone out there has consumed beer brewed in Antarctica.

No comments:

Post a Comment