Wednesday 12 October 2011

October 10, 2011

333)  Home:  Highballer Pumpkin Ale by Grand River Brewing of Ontario:  *1/2; I finally caught up with this one on my third attempt;  I found the pumpkin and spices to be a bit muted - a tiny disappointment, though if the Volo has it on cask again (and I get there quickly enough) I will definitely give it another try;

It's just as well that I am not keeping track of expenses because then I would have to include the subway tokens I have used, particularly the ones I have used to no avail.  The Yonge & Eglinton LCBO seems the best place to find most anything by Grand River.  I learned a lot about this brewery at the Brewery Market event they were featured at.  It turns out that Grand River Brewing is basically a retirement project for a couple of erstwhile farmers and they are determined not to go into debt.  This means if they don't have it, instead of going to the bank for a loan they save up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment