Monday 17 October 2011

October 15, 2011

338) Home:  Maple Stout by Cannery Brewing Company of British Columbia:  **;  tastes of sweet maple - real maple not your grocery store artificially flavoured syrup;  I could almost feel the crunch of the sugar;  nicely balanced by coffee notes;

339)  Home:  Ghosttown Stout by Brasseur de Montreal of Quebec:  *1/2;  this is an odd one;  it is flavoured with absinthe which gives it very strong notes of herbs and roots;  isn't absinthe the drink that drove Vincent van Gogh mad?;  no matter, I didn't feel the need to post my ear to anyone;

It did remind me that since absinthe became available in Canada the experience has been on my list (says the guy who wouldn't pay $60 for vodka) if I can be certain I am doing it right, with the small spoon and the sugar.  It reminds me of the routine to drink Yerba Mate.  That took me a couple of tries before I got it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment