Sunday 17 November 2013

October 14, 2013

October's installment of places I miss features the Burger Bar and Tequila Tavern.  This was a western-themed joint right down to the décor.  I thought the service was great and their beer selection was top flight.  I was a fan of their Oh My Goodness This Just Might Kill Me burger and people would rave about their onion rings, with panko breading.  They even had space set aside for stroller parking.

I have related the tale of how Brock was a mixologist hoping to run a mixed drinks sort of a place but the craft beer crowd moved in and he so enthusiastically supported them that he sold the business to operate the Kensington Brewing Company. 

They closed on New Year's Day but you can find Yelp reviews dated as late as July 4.  It is possible that these are really reviews of Templeton's Café which opened in the same spot in May, without any signage that I could spot.  Templeton's has a reasonable beer selection - I chose Conductors Ale by Junction City the night I visited - but the menu is quite different.  The crowd is a lot younger, too.  It is a shame to lose a place like that but we are still not lacking in choice in Toronto   

No comments:

Post a Comment