Sunday 17 November 2013

October 7, 2013

I learned yesterday that Molson Stock Ale is on tap at Ethel's Lounge in Waterloo.  I never imagined I would see it on tap again.  I dare not say how long it has been. 

I am starting to wonder if Molson Stock Ale is going the route that Black Label took in the 1980s when it was the favourite among Queen Street West trendies.  It pretty much killed the brand when they moved on. 

Ethel's is an ultra-casual neighbourhood diner/bar and as such the beer list is not too bad.  Someone like me will usually find something of interest.  The menu is heavy on the comfort foods and Tex-Mex.  It's the sort of place you don't mention visiting when you're seeing your doctor if the prescription pad is within reach.  No statins for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment