Sunday 17 November 2013

September 27, 2013

241/889)  Beer Academy:  Dunkel Weiss by Six Pints Specialty Beer Company:  **;  pours soft brown;  notes of clove and banana;  reminds me a lot of the Dunkel I used to get at the same location when it was Growlers;  perhaps this is a bit richer;

242/890)  Caffe Volo:  All City by House Ales of Ontario:  **;  4.5%;  "Toronto People's Beer";  opaque;  nose is fruity;  crisp tasting with mild citrusy hops, a touch of ginger and a bit of malty sweetness to balance;  a pleasant, flavourful session beer; 

243/891)  Caffe Volo:  Pie-Eyed Pumpkin Ale by Nickel Brook of Ontario:  *1/2;  on  cask;  the mouth feel was a bit thin;  surprisingly malty back-drop;  muted spice nose, sweet muted pumpkin flavours;  against such numerous and such fine competition I regret the low score; 

The Beer Academy was holding a celebration marking the return of their Dunkel Weiss.  While I was there I sampled some triple filtered brewer's water.  Maybe it was in my mind but I found it particularly refreshing.

Yet again my notes comment on how very dark it gets inside the Volo.  I must confess my goal was to have a glass of Black Katt Stout but I missed by a couple of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment