Sunday 12 October 2014

September 9, 2014

Sort of a sad day what with the news that Mr. Greenjeans has closed after thirty four years at Toronto's Eaton's Centre.  Their beer selection didn't get much wilder than Tankhouse but I was reminded of other places I used to like from that era.  Growlers, as I have mentioned far too many times, is gone and missed but I had the opportunity to visit the Red Tomato a while back, downstairs from Fred's Not Here.  It looked tired.  It hadn't really changed much, design-wise, since the 1980s and what was downright bizarre was the fact that there were different menus depending on where you sat.  There was one menu for the tables but if you fancied something on the bar menu you had to get up and move no more than a couple of steps and sit at the bar.  I used to like this place a lot back in the day but I cannot picture myself going out of my way to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment