Thursday 3 September 2015

August 27, 2015

200/1474) Home:  IPA by Lagunitis Brewing Co. of California:  **;  6.2%;  the label describes this as "homicidally hoppy";  floral and citrusy nose;  soft citrusy almost melon like notes;  a bit old school in that it's not a raging hop bomb but this is not a quibble - it is quite enjoyable;

Interestingly I saw this for the first time in the flesh, so to speak, in Nova Scotia and on returning home I am starting to see this on a number of draught lists which is good news for me.  My first thought was that this would be great on draught.

201/1475)  Home:  La Patt Porter Robuste by Brasserie Dunham of Quebec:  **;  6.0%, 51 ibu;  brewed with barley malt and wheat flakes;  roasty mocha nose;  dry mocha and roast flavours;

I couldn't find a satisfactory translation for La Patt.  It tastes nothing like Labatts Porter, with those cola notes, which I managed to find last year so I don't think this is a goof on that one.  It will remain a mystery for the time being, unless I meet their brewmaster at the Volo.


202/1476) Home:  Abbot Ale by Greene King of England:  **;  5.0%;  rich malty nose; sweet fruity flavours, vaguely reminiscent of an abbey style but with a touch of English hops;



No comments:

Post a Comment