Thursday 14 July 2016

June 21, 2016

113/1698) Henderson Brewing:  Food Truck Beer by Henderson Brewing of Ontario:  *1/2;  4.5%, 19 ibu;  a blonde ale, "designed to be an easy drinking crisp beer";  the brewer said it was designed to accompany food;  malty nose;  easy drinking;  the beer list suggests pineapple notes but I could only detect a touch;  

I have mentioned earlier how I won the lottery the day I was married and here is another example. My wife let me know a couple of days earlier to save the date as she had booked a tour of the brewery.  Henderson Brewing is named for Robert Henderson, Toronto's first brewery owner.  It is located in the Junction Triangle.  The GO train I take to Union Station passes just south of the brewery.  It is a terrific, open concept plant with a bar and snacks and it's filled with memorabilia.  I have taken a few brewery tours but this was the best yet.

They also make an excellent root beer but they report that they can scarcely make enough to meet the demand from people walking in.  Until they have more capacity only their beer is available for take away and not their root beer.




No comments:

Post a Comment