Thursday 14 July 2016

June 24, 2016

114/1699) beerbistro:  Shattercone IPA by Stack Brewing of Ontario:  **;    5.5%;  piney nose;  soft muted pine notes;  bitter after taste;

A shatter cone is an uncommon geological feature which forms in bedrock (as opposed to Bedrock...) where meteorites have struck the earth or from the shock of an underground nuclear detonation.  It is believed that the Sudbury area has been hit by meteorites at least twice.  Stack also has a beer called Impact;

115/1700) Thirsty and Miserable:  Bitter Beauty by Sawdust City of Ontario:  **1/2;  a 9.0%, 90 ibu Imperial IPA brewed in collaboration with Canadian song and dance man Jason Collett;  opaque;  very strong piney nose;  not nearly so excessively bitter as Twin Pine dies to a strong malt presence;

This came in a can, though I have since had it here on draught.

I learned today that the television set I spotted last time was inherited from the previous owner and they do not subscribe to cable.  Katie has further reduced her non-beer selections as per her chalkboard, "Booze:  Jameson (yup, that's it!) $6 1 oz shot  Mix your whiskey with pop $6.5 (if we like you) $7 (if you're douchey)".  I like Katie a whole lot.

As is my habit I took St. Jean Baptiste day off.  I did find time to drink a couple of beers from Quebec.

No comments:

Post a Comment