Tuesday 3 July 2018

June 3, 2018

153/2374) Home:  The World Renowned Budweiser Lager by Anheuser-Busch Inc. of Ontario:  *1/2; 5.0%; "The King of Beers"; strictly speaking, it is brewed by Labatts in London, Ontario;  among the ingredients is rice;  it seemed appropriate to drink it from bottle; having said that, I am trying not to be a snob - some very fine individuals, including Re-enactment Dan, drink this at Tracks Brewpub;  I found it harmless and inoffensive - a bit sweet for my liking and I really think I can detect the rice;  I would take this over many a sour or gose;

Believe it or don't I had never tried this one before.  It is another beer from that unnamed mutual funds company.  I may not have bought this one but I did intend to try one some day.  It is listed in my copy of 1001 Beers You Must Taste Before You Die, likely for its cultural significance.  I have often reflected on how my life would be easier and less expensive if I liked this sort of beer.


154/2375) Home:  Monogamy Double Dry Hopped IPA by Bellwoods Brewery of Ontario:  **1/2; 6.4%; this version uses Ekuanot Lupulin powder; another opaque one -  it looks like lemon juice; nose is pineapple, grapefruit; fresh citrusy flavours with bitter zest (grapefruit) notes; dry finish and after taste;

No comments:

Post a Comment