Saturday 26 March 2011

February 11, 2011

Some recommended reading:

by Nicholas Pashley, Notes On A Beermat:  Drinking and Why It's Necessary;  and
Cheers:  An Intemporate History of Beer in Canada (they seem to have dropped the word 'intemporate' since I read it); 
I am fortunate enough to have met Mr. Pashley in person on a number of occasions and he is just as witty and charming in person as he is in print;

Steven Beaumont, The Great Canadian Beer Guide; 
I'm not sure what the most recent edition is (I have the 2001 edition) but there aren't going to be further updates.  I bought this as an historical reference

Paul Brent, Lager Heads; 
an often hilarious tale of Molson and Labatts and their efforts to one-up each other in the areas of advertising, acquisitions, expansion, new products, diversification (or as Peter Lynch famously called it, di-worse-ificiation) ;  some of the tales read like long lost Monty Python sketches;

No comments:

Post a Comment