Sunday 27 March 2011

February 25, 2011

74)  Caffe Volo in Toronto:  Baltic Shipwreck Imperial Stout by Taps Brewery of Ontario:  **;  Strong alcohol notes in this very dark, very strong beer.  I have become quite fond of Russian Imperial Stouts and Porters;

75)  Caffe Volo:  Smashbomb Atomic IPA by Flying Monkeys Brewery of Ontario:  ***;  incredibly hoppy both to the nose and to the palate;  This is one of my three favourite beers and it was the ideal thing to have coursing through my veins as I attended a night of "medieval songs of drunkeness, lechery and other altered states", and best of all, it was on cask!

76)  C'est What in Toronto:  Black Eye by County Durham Brewing of Ontario:  *1/2;  I'm not sure I get this one;  it's an aggressively hopped porter - sort of a porter/IPA blend;  on cask;

No comments:

Post a Comment