Tuesday 18 November 2014

November 15, 2014

252/1233) Home:  Porter by Black Creek Historic Brewery of Ontario:  ** ;  this was a growler brewed on site at the historical brewery as opposed to the product available at the LCBO;    as per usual there is no head, no carbonation;  the nose is mocha and strong coffee;  notes of roasted coffee, chocolate;

I recall that when I was participating as the "brewers apprentice" the ground barley had bits of wheat in it.  In the nineteenth century the brewer was not necessarily the miller's top priority and the wheat was ground first.  Some would be left behind, mixed in with the final product when he got around to milling the barley- authenticity with a vengeance.

I had promised that I would return the to Adelaide Street location of The 3 Brewers and I had also broadly hinted to my daughter that we would go there soon so I took care of both commitments today.  It was very quiet in there.  Perhaps it was because we were eating an unusually early dinner.  We were told that the place was packed the previous night.  I wonder if that is how this is going to play out.  It is very much in a Monday to Friday part of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment