Tuesday 11 October 2016

August 6, 2016

If I may veer off topic for a moment, as an individual with a degree in the area of Health Sciences who has been trying for the last several years to avoid making use of it and a runner I have encountered a number of interesting phenomenon.

For example, if you run long enough on a hot enough day you can pick salt crystals off your skin while you are cooling down and re-hydrating.   Don't put them in the salt shaker because very few people find this funny.  In the winter steam will come out of your pores.

In addition to this, should you happen to be on a penicillin type of antibiotic, this will come out in your sweat and it is quite unpleasantly noticeable.

Here is where I am going with this:  over the past couple of days I have marked IPA Day by consuming a number of very hop forward beers and I am convinced that as I was running today my sweat was distinctly citrusy.  If I could get a research grant I just might pursue this.

No comments:

Post a Comment