Wednesday 8 February 2017

January 17, 2017

26/1844) Home:  LaiskaJaakko (Lazy Jack) by Teerenpeli Brewery and Distillery of Finland:  **;  a 4.5% dark lager;  nose features malt and sweet mocha;  sort of like a sparkling stout with sweet mocha notes



27/1845) Home:  Põhjala ÖÖ by Ŏllekunsti Oü of Estonia:  **1/2;  a 10.5% Imperial Baltic Porter brewed in Tallinn, where I recall my units holding out bravely last time I played The Russian Campaign;  "as dark as the Estonian Winter nights";  perfect for the end of a day of freezing rain - I am lucky - it is very easy for me to take the bus to work but my wife is not so lucky;  a true Baltic Porter (if one is to overlook that the style originated in England);  alcohol is very prominent in nose with a sharp mocha edge;  flavours of alcohol and dark coffee;  outstanding;


No comments:

Post a Comment