Saturday 18 August 2018

August 18, 2018

There have been a couple of developments at the Black Creek Historic Brewery.  Their brewmaster, Ed, has found another job after a number of years with Black Creek.  Congratulations must go out to Ed but it has to be said that I will miss him.  Years ago I served for a day as his apprentice and we have never missed an opportunity since to exchange pleasantries whenever I would visit the village for a growler or two of his beer.

Predictably, perhaps, Black Creek subsequently announced that they will not be selling any more growlers this year once their current supply runs out and the scheduled specialty releases have been cancelled.  I expect the position will be filled in short order by a graduate of the Niagara College brewing program but until then I will miss the beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment