Tuesday 11 December 2018

November 25, 2018

334/2555) Wellington Brewery, Guelph: Fisherman's Friend Imperial Stout by Wellington Brewery of Ontario:  *1/2; 11.9%; cask; yes, really - they added Fisherman's Friend lozenges to the original UVB-76 base;; it tastes like a particularly boozy cough remedy;  I'm glad I tried it but I'm not sure I would try it again, maybe next time I have a cold I will think about this one;

I missed the previous day's release party for their UVB-76 series of beers.  Two are returning from last year and there are two new ones.  There were a number of variations available on cask only and who would have guessed that this would be the only one left over the next day...

335/2556) Home:  Golbin Sauce by Bellwoods Brewery of Ontario:  **1/2; 8.5%; a double dry hopped double IPA with Lupulin powder; pours opaque; pineapple nose; pineapple and other tropical flavours; it is not a new beer, I am surprised I have never managed to be at Bellwoods when it is available until now;


No comments:

Post a Comment