Wednesday 7 April 2021

January 15, 2021

29/3379) Home:  Stout Impérial by Beauregard Brasserie Distillerie of Quebec:  ****; 10.5%, 40 ibu; grain bill includes oats; pours dark as night; nose is chocolate with a hint of soy; flavours of semi-sweet chocolate, only a hint of all that alcohol, a touch of soy, mild roast; quite something;

The tin indicates this "may contain traces of peanuts and hazelnuts".  I am mildly uncomfortable when I read that sort of thing. Don't they know what's in this?

30/3380) Home:  Milkshake Choco Arachide by Beauregarde Brasserie Distillerie of Quebec:  unrated;  10.5%, 20 ibu; brewed with peanuts, lactose and oats - "may contain traces of hazelnuts"; this was, regrettably, spoiled/soured - there were clumps of peanutty chocolate goo in the tin; I could not rate this one as I could not finish it;


My eldest son brought these back from Montreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment