Sunday 18 April 2021

March 8, 2021

92/3442) Home:  Memories of the Future:  The Sour by Flying Monkeys Brewery of Ontario:  **; 5.2% fruited sour;  brewed with Sabro and Palato hops, cranberry puree, boysenberry puree, red tart cherry puree, dark sweet cherry juice, kosher salt added to fermenter; translucent ruby red; tart, fruity aromas; fruit, especially the cherries and cranberries, does succeed in balancing the funk; I wouldn't drink another but if my life depended on it this might be the sour I choose;


This may be attributable to my nephew.  He once expressed his frustration with Flying Monkeys and how they seem to make IPAs exclusively and I had this in mind at the store.  I saw the name, thought of him and dropped it in my basket without looking twice.  My eldest son bristles at the suggestion but I think it is remotely possible that this is a generational thing.  I like IPAs but whenever I would walk into a place a young fellow would tell me I need to try the sour.  I should be happy that I give the impression to young people that I am approachable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment