Tuesday 24 May 2016

March 2, 2016

I learned today that the Brunswick House is closing at the end of the month.  I went a couple of times during my first year at the University of Toronto and not again until a few months after I graduated.  I imagine I was atypical in that I didn't drink much at all at University.  They would have live music on Saturday afternoons and that is where I first saw the Shuffle Demons play.  I went a couple of times after and came out unimpressed with the people working there in particular.

I mentioned the closing to a few people and what I observed was that recent graduates had scarcely heard of the place.  They had certainly never been and that might explain their demise.

On the plus side of the ledger, Batch will be (finally) opening next week.  At least that is what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment