Friday 27 May 2016

March 26, 2016

58/1643) Home:  Big League IPA by Mill Street Brewery of Ontario:  **1/2;  7.0%, 70 ibu;  brewed with American and Canadian Mount Hood Hood and Cascade hops;  this was released with limited availablity last year under the name Grapefruit League - I wasn't able to track it down;  I hear tell it was designed at their new(ish) Ottawa brewpub; for a baseball fan like me this rendered their Spring Mix Pack self-recommending;  sharp citrusy grapefruit nose;  citrusy grapefruit flavours, typical strong Mill Street malt backbone;  I dare say, I like this even more than Tankhouse, though not quite so much as Tankenstein;

59/1644) Home:  New Lang Syne by Beau's All Natural Brewing of Ontario:  **;  a 9% Belgian style Tripel;  brewed with cane sugar;  sweet nose with a sharp fruity bite;  in spite of the presence of cane sugar, there is a quite a bite to this one;


No comments:

Post a Comment