Saturday 22 June 2019

March 30, 2019

90/2690) Wenona Craft Beer Lodge:  Galactic Dry Hopped with Azacca by Granite Brewery of Ontario:  **; on cask; mildly piney nose; malty with mild pine notes;

Today was a Cask Social.  The announcement featured this curious note "…this will be the Galactic Pale Ale brewed with Galaxy hops!"

91/2691)  Wenona Craft Beer Lodge:  IIPA by Godspeed Craft Brewing of Ontario:  **1/2;  8%; grapefruit zest nose; resiny with a citrus finish;

This was on draught, not cask, but Nicholas Pashley assured me no legal proceedings would result.

92/2692) Wenona Craft Beer Lodge:  ESB by Neustadt Brewery of Ontario:  **;   very English; dry malty nose; fruity, malty;

I also had time to exchange pleasantries with Mirella Amato but I had to dash back to Brampton to wish a fellow Tracks Brewpub regular well on the journey he is about to embark on.  The whole affair felt like a wake.  He is looking distressingly frail and I fear there will be another wake - my fourth in fourteen months - sooner rather than later.  My wife thinks there is a lesson for me about all the time I spend at Tracks Brewpub.

No comments:

Post a Comment