Tuesday 25 June 2019

May 21, 2019

149/2749) Dildo Brewing, Dildo, Newfoundland:  I'se Da Bye PA by Dildo Brewing of Newfoundland:  **1/2;  6.5%, 55 ibu; citrusy nose with pine; flavours of pine, with some leafiness;

I was thisclose to conceding that I was nonplussed with Newfoundland's local beers but this brewery made me a believer.  We also had a great lunch here.

150/2750) Dildo Brewing, Dildo:  Stout Dildo by Dildo Brewing of Newfoundland:  **;  4.5%, 50 ibu; roasty nose; roasted malt flavours;

We saw icebergs from Signal Hill on our first full day in Newfoundland but today we hit the Trifecta:  icebergs, puffins, and whales - quite remarkably close to the shore.  I was also "Screeched In" today: born in Quebec, lives in Ontario and a certified Newfoundlander.

151/2751) Amelia's Lounge:  IPA by Granville Island Brewing of British Columbia:  **; from Granville's Under The Bridge Series; malty nose; malty caramel backdrop with a bitter herbal edge and finish; strikes me as a hybrid;

No comments:

Post a Comment