Sunday 4 November 2012

June 22, 2012

104/504)  beerbistro:  Pale Ale by Sierra Nevada of California, U.S.A.: I was most struck by the fruity bitterness which gives way to a smoother, still hoppy, taste;  nose is hoppy in a West Coast sort of way;  5.6%;

105/505)  Corks at Longos, Toronto:  Smashbomb Atomic IPA with Warrior Hops by Flying Monkeys of Ontario:  **;  the change of hops adds a lingering bitterness and I am not certain that the beer benefits;  to me, it tastes different enough to give it its own entry;

106/506)  Burger Bar and Tequila Tavern:  Farmhouse Saison, a collaboration between Great Lakes and Amsterdam, both of Ontario:  *1/2;  was most struck by the up front pepperiness;  saisons are very much in vogue of late;  I am not convinced they work for me but I will give it a couple more tries;

The event at Corks at Longo's was a very hastily organized Cask Social.  I found out quite by accident the afternoon of the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment