Tuesday 11 August 2015

May 26, 2015

118/1392) The 3 Brewers, Heartland (Mississauga):  Sutherland's Strawberry Saison by the 3 Brewers of Ontario:  **;  6.1%, 25 ibu;  brewed with extract of strawberry;  peppery, yeasty nose;  a saison with strawberry notes and a dry finish;

Plainly, I only like saisons with added fruit which probably means I don't really like saisons.  This is the Neighbourhood beer for this location.  It was named for Captain Edward Sutherland, a widower who moved to the area with his seven children in 1856.  He grew strawberries and raspberries and his success was such that by 1915 a plaque was put up at Clarkson Railway Station reading, "Through this station passes more strawberries than any other station in Ontario".  I pinched this from the coaster.

119/1393) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  La Pamplemousse by the 3 Brewers of Ontario:  *1/2;  4.4%, 21 ibu;  brewed with grapefruit, pilsen and corn malts, Chinook hops and American ale yeast;  vaguely citrusy nose;  mix of citrus and yeast flavours;

The joke was that it was up to you to decide if this counted as a serving of fruit or not but what I was wondering was if one can drink this while on various medications or not what with that grapefruit.

It will be no surprise that I am delighted to have a 3 Brewers so close to home and this is a particularly nice one with a great patio and terrific staff.  I have been doing my research and a ten minute bus ride flanked by a pair of ten minute walks will get me there.  It would be about forty minutes if I was brave enough to cycle on those roads.

In my dreams, Brampton would get a 3 Brewers but even if we did there is a strong chance this one would be more convenient for me.  I am going to visit regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment