Tuesday 25 August 2015

August 7, 2015

173/1447) beerbistro:  Gale's Seafarers' Ale by Fuller's of England:  *1/2;  a 3.6% amber ale;   brewed with Gales yeast and Admiral hops, appropriately enough; sweet malty toffee nose;  flavours of fresh citrus and toffee;

This is also known as George Gale's Best Bitter.  It is brewed in support of the U.K.'s leading maritime charity, Seafarers UK and five pence from every pint sold goes to this cause.

There is some dispute as to whether today is International IPA Day (I was acting as though it was) or, as I heard later, simply International Beer Day which is so much less specific.

My routines are being confounded:  Revolting Development I:  the Early Music Fair has suffered a change of date and venue.  Life, for me, begins with the Early Music Fair and now it begins three weeks later or perhaps not at all seeing as how I don't like my chances of making out all of a sudden to this year's installment.

Revolting Development II: the McDonald's at Union Station is closing, permanently. With my blood vessels filled with beer and my soul saturated with early music I especially appreciated the coffee or empty calories but it is all over, a victim of Union Station's on-going renovations.  The lines could be pretty long depending on what had just finished at the Air Canada Centre but things moved quickly.  This is going to leave a space in many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment