Tuesday 11 July 2017

February 25, 2017

69/1887) Home:  True North Inukshuk IPA by Magnotta Brewery of Ontario:  **1/2;  6.5%;  in the English style; the nose reminds me of marmalade;  sweet citrusy notes, reminiscent of oranges but not exactly;  mildly bitter finish;  a surprise, I am glad I tried it;

It comes in the flimsiest sixpack case I have ever encountered - this was the only one on the shelf that wasn't torn and it didn't stay that way for long.


70/1888) beerbistro:  Pinball Wizard by Clifford Brewing of Ontario:  **;  5.7%;  a low key American Pale Ale with a mildly hoppy nose and mildly citrusy hoppiness;

I experienced what I believe people call a "teachable moment" on the way home today.  After ordering a "classic" grilled cheese at the McDonalds in the York Concourse of Union Station I inquired as to the availability of such arcane items as Big Macs and the like and I was informed,  "Oh, no, we're Mc Cafe"  The end of the world cannot happen soon enough.

I have no intention of becoming a foodie blogger but if they are to run a McDonalds without McDonalds food I hope I can get away with sharing the observation that they are well justified to play the up bread they use for their grilled cheese as there is scant evidence (save for visual) of the presence of any sort of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment